Meet Alfred C. Griffin, D.D.S.
Your Board-Certified Orthodontist
Dr. Griffin has served Northern Virginia for 35 years and still finds time to teach biomechanics and clinical practice at Harvard University's School of Dental Medicine. Outside the office, he enjoys working out, equestrian sports, golf, and tennis. He also finds time to serve as the Co-Chair and Director of Racing for the Virginia Gold Cup Races.
Dr. Griffin served as the first Dental Director of the Fauquier Free Clinic (FFC), which he and other local dentists founded more than 20 years ago. The Clinic serves individuals who are employed but do not earn enough to afford medical and dental care and are not eligible for Medicaid. Several years ago, the FFC moved to its new facility on Blackwell Road and serves more than 2,000 patients annually.
- B.A., with distinction Psychology, University of Virginia
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Medical College of Virginia
- Orthodontic Residency, Eastman Dental Center (Rochester, NY)
- Harvard University School of Dental Medicine, 2015 to Present
- Georgetown University Department of Orthodontics, 1983-1989
- Center for Facial Rehabilitation at Fairfax Hospital
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Northern Virginia Orthodontic Study Club
- American College of Dentists
- Fellow, World Federation of Orthodontists
- Past President, Virginia Association of Orthodontists
- Current President, National Steeplechase Association
Outside of the Office
In addition to working at the clinic regularly, Dr. Griffin also sees FFC patients in his private office, where he and the G&E team create dentures for those in need. Dr. Griffin's team members enjoy participating in this community service and consider this a rewarding part of their day.
The Fauquier Free Clinic is a community success story worthy of your support. Please consider the Fauquier Free Clinic one of your charities when evaluating your giving opportunities.