Meet Your Warrenton Orthodontist
Dr. Alfred Griffin has served Northern Virginia for 35 years and still finds time to teach biomechanics and clinical practice at Harvard University's School of Dental Medicine. Outside the office he enjoys working out, equestrian sports, golf and tennis. He also finds time to serve as the Co-Chair and Director of Racing for the Virginia Gold Cup Races.
In addition to working at the clinic on a regular basis, Dr. Griffin also sees FFC patients in his private office where he and the G&E team create dentures for those in need. Each of Dr. Griffin's team members enjoys participating in this type of community service and considers this a rewarding part of their day.
Dr. Joseph Errera is a native Virginian and has been practicing orthodontics since 2004 when he joined Dr. Griffin. Called "Dr. Joe" by his patients, he loves traveling to new places, cooking, and spending time with his wife, Cristina, and daughter, Giovanna. Dr. Joe's favorite activity is firing up the BBQ on a cool summer evening.
Truly a kid at heart, he relates exceptionally well to patients of all ages. Dr. Joe is able to make patients feel comfortable and relaxed, and he prides himself on creating a fun and inviting atmosphere in the G&E offices. He loves listening to popular music and is even known to sing along when a favorite tune comes on the radio.
Why an Orthodontist in Warrenton?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontists, they have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Warrenton Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Warrenton orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Warrenton orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Griffin & Errera Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Warrenton area.